We have a wealth of testing and inspection expertise from the ground up. Items of testing and inspection that we typically provide include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Soils: Compaction, Backfill, Moisture-Density Relationship (Proctor), Grain-Size Analysis (Sieve), Control Density Fill (CDF)|
|Asphalt: Compaction, Rice Density, Extraction/Gradation|
|Concrete: Reinforced Concrete, Pre-Stressed Concrete, Post-Tensioned (PT) Concrete, High-Strength Concrete, Shotcrete, Augercast Piling, Reinforcing Steel, CDF, Pervious/ Porous Concrete|
|Masonry: Reinforced Masonry, Concrete Masonry Units, Brick|
|Post Installed/Proprietary Anchors: Adhesive (e.g. Epoxy, Acrylic), Wedge Anchors, Mechanical Anchors, Holdown Installation/ Anchor Bolts Installed in Concrete|
|Framing: Structural Wood, Cold-Formed Steel Studs, Holdown Installation/ Anchor Bolts Installed in Wood, Shearwall Nailing, Mass Timber (Cross Laminated Timber)|
|Steel: Shoring Welds, Structural Steel Fabrication, Structural Steel Erection, Steel Decking, High-Strength Bolting, Welding|
|Nondestructive Testing: Ultrasonic Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing|
|Fireproofing: Spray-Applied, Intumescent|
|Fire Stopping: Fire-Resistant Penetrations and Joints|
Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Preliminary Site Evaluations
- Developing and Directing Subsurface Exploration Programs
- Geotechnical Engineering Recommendations
- Performing Laboratory Tests to Determine Engineering Properties
- Geotechnical special inspections (e.g. soil bearing verification, fill placement and compaction, subgrade evaluation, erosion control evaluation, infiltration testing, excavation stability monitoring, slope stability monitoring, shoring installation, subsurface drainage installation, piling, turbidity testing, etc.)
Specialty and Consultation Services
- Relative Humidity (Rapid RH)
- Moisture Testing
- Video Documentation
- Crack Monitoring
- Floor Flatness & Levelness Testing
- Pull Testing
- Schmidt Hammer Testing
- Brick Shear Testing
- … and more!
ORA is also equipped to provide locating and ground penetrating radar investigation services. We use equipment such as Pachometer, Metrotech, Borescope, and Subsurface Interface Radar (StructureScan Mini) to locate embedded objects such as reinforcing steel, prestressed tendons, conduits, and voids.
WHY CHOOSE ORA?
Benefit from Our Expertise
With over 60 years of experience in the testing and inspection industry, we’re confident that our materials testing services can contribute to the success of your project. From initial preparation to site development, our assessments help build safer communities throughout the Pacific Northwest.
When you’re ready to move your project forward, reach out to Otto Rosenau & Associates, Inc., for all your site inspection and materials testing needs. Located in Seattle, WA, we are proud to also serve the great Puget Sound area.
Trust us with your next project to ensure everything goes according to plan. Contact us today!
One-Stop-Shop for Testing & Inspection
Our in-house laboratory is capable of testing a variety of materials, including:
- Fireproofing materials
Having our lab onsite can save you both money and time: you won’t have to wait extra days for results while your samples travel to another location because we handle everything locally. By testing materials during the construction process, you can build with confidence knowing that your final project will conform to building specifications, codes, and standards.
Quality Results You Can Trust
In our efforts to provide high-quality services, our team is continually looking for ways to improve our testing standards and techniques. When you trust us with your materials testing, you benefit from leading edge services.
ORA participates in inter-laboratory proficiency testing programs to continually assess the quality and uniformity of our test results. ORA presently participates in programs for:
- Concrete and concrete masonry units (CMUs) as administered by Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL)
- Aggregates — coarse and fine hot-mix asphalt — ignition oven and marshall design, and soils as administered by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO/AMRL)
All of our testing procedures are performed with accuracy in mind. We maintain and calibrate our equipment in accordance with our quality system manual, and all procedures are performed in accordance with the strict procedures and guidelines of:
- American Association of State Highways and Transportation Officials
- American Concrete Institute
- American National Standards Institute
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- American Society of Nondestructive Testing
- American Welding Society
- International Code Council
In short, we provide customers with quality results they can trust.