This $60 million project is a continuation from the original three-story SE Wing with the new construction of an eleven-story structural steel frame addition above the existing structure. The new tower includes an Oncology Center, Physical Medicine and Critical Care Units, Women and Children’s Center, and the expansion of an existing Birthing Center.
ORA was engaged to perform onsite structural inspections and materials testing services as well as overseas structural steel fabrication inspection and nondestructive examination. Structural steel was fabricated by Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea at their Tangjin plant. Built-up columns were fabricated by Kawasaki Steel Corporation’s subsidiary company, Kawatetsu Metal Fabrica Corporation, located in Marugame, Japan.
- Reinforced concrete (cast-in-place)
- Structural steel fabrication – overseas
- Structural steel erection
- Steel decking
- Structural steel embedments in concrete
- Epoxy grouting
- Expansion anchor bolt installation
- Curtain wall fabrication and erection
- Full penetration welds
- NDE for special moment resisting frame